Installing a motherboard.

allenn812

Daemon Poster
Hi, im getting a new motherboard and i wanted to know if i have to buy a certain type for my comp. I have no idea what my comp is so dont bother asking lol. Thanks

We do need a bit more info than that! Like, the type of comp ;P Figure it out because we need to know what size your case is.

And, might I say, if you can't even tell what type of computer you have, you might not want to be messing inside it...

Thanks for replying so fast, but i have no clue what kind of comp i have, all i know is that its quite old. How do i find out? I want i new mother board cus it doesent support the new video card or RAM i want. I have a radeon 7000 right know, and 128 MB of ram. yea i know old old old.lol

Well something like CPU-z should tell you what your processor and all is, but we really need to know the computer you have. Is it not like some HP or other brand like that? Cases aren't all the same just as mobo's aren't. Your power supply might be a bit too weak as well.

OK, my CPU is a AMD Duron ,750MHz (7.5 x 100)
MY mother board is a Tyan S2390B Trinity KT-A

OK, that should be a standard ATX size, so you should be good with whatever mobo you want. Your current is 12" X 8.2", so you might want to double check with the size of the new boards just to be sure.

Check your power supply when you get into the system. It should have the wattage on the side somwhere. I suspect you have a 300 watt... That should be ok if you don't load it down, but a new more powerful one(assuming it is that weak) wouldn't hurt...

I mean load it down as in using lots of power. Obivously, aside from a power hungry processor, fans, high end graphics card, drives, and such will require more power...

Yes, system as in inside...

Are you planning to do this upgrad or get someone else to??

Back
Top Bottom