Installing graphics card?

Awesomeness

Solid State Member
I'm nearly done with my system; all I have left to do I believe is install the graphics card and plug in power. I noticed that the shield things for my PCI-Express slots were the kind that just broke off and couldn't be put back on, so I want to be super careful with how I do this so I only take of the ones I need.

card.jpg

This is my graphics card. It looks like it takes up 2 shield slot things. The blue slots are the PCI-Express slots. Which PCI-E slot should I put my graphics card in? And, if you can see, which 2 shields do I need to take off to fit the card in?

Nevermind; I just realized that only one of the slots is PCI-E x16. The other two are x8.

Yeah, doesn't matter too much actually, the card will run fine in any of those slots. x8 isn't slow enough to make single card performance suck too badly.

In the future though, place the card over your PCI-E slot as if you were going to plug it in, then just eyeball which shields to take out. Not too hard, and makes it easier to figure out which slots need to be removed. I do it like this all the time. :)

Back
Top Bottom