Installing an AGP card.

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, getting new mobo tomoz, and vid card, the mobo does not have onboard vid. So if I just plug this AGP in, will it just work?! lol

yes, then when the computer loads up install the video card drivers...you may need to reformat ur computer, i did when i got a new mobo and video cards

You dont need to reformat, just go into xp as if you were going to reinstall, and repair, BUT DONT USE THE REPAIR CONSOLE. You just "repair" the installation. This then installs the new chipset and everything is good. Its only coz you change your chipset that is why it does not load up at first. If u get me.

Na you dont need to reformat, just run the repair thingy. Not the repair console, the other one.

Are you using an exisitng hard drive for that new motherboard and everything else? I would suggest the reformat part too because you're installing a new motherboard to go with that video card.

Do a clean reformat of the drive and plug it in to the case along with your motherboard, video card, etc., etc. Install Windows, driver discs, etc., etc. If you don't want to use the drivers provided by the video card manufacturer (I wouldn't because it's so old), then go online and download the latest forceware for that video card and install. Everything should go very smooth. I'm backing up MoneyMan on that solution. If it's just a video card you're upgrading, then all you need to do is simply install that sucker in he AGP port and install nvidia drivers for it. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom