Installing a 3rd case fan

PuNkY

In Runtime
I have a cheapo Rosewill case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147068) that I already put 2 fans in (not including the CPU fan). I want to add 1 more. I was thinking of putting it in the front. But I'm not sure if I should have it blowing in or out. I already have 1 fan above the CPU fan blowing out and 1 in the back of the case blowing out. Should I have the back or the front fan blowing in air?

BTW I'm trying to get my CPU as cool as possible, if that helps you make my decision.

i think you should if yous house is generally cool because your compw with air cooled can really only go down to room temp!

what cpu is it and how cool is it at the mo , there is a limit to how low yu can go with air cooling , also i would have the front one bowing in and the 2 back ones blowing out , circulate air through the case , or a fan and hole in the top of your case seeing as heat rises would also be helpfull

muz379 said:
what cpu is it and how cool is it at the mo , there is a limit to how low yu can go with air cooling , also i would have the front one bowing in and the 2 back ones blowing out , circulate air through the case , or a fan and hole in the top of your case seeing as heat rises would also be helpfull
Its a pentium D. its running about 35C after being on all night. But i play games some times and it jumps to about 45-50C after a few hours.

well thats not bad temps, those are actually pretty good, the best possible way to have your airflow, is in the front and out the back, although you'll have to turn that fan up in the front to keep up with the others, i personally dont like to put fans in the front simply because if you dont have them matched to the others it will not provide enough airflow, so i just have 1 in the back thats up pretty high, and then one on my psu, that keeps mine pretty cool, then i just tape up other holes in the front so all the air coming in has to come from the bottom, and go up, also make sure all your extra pci slots have the metal cover over them, so air isnt getting in that way too

front fans suck. back fans blow...

on my case I have 6 case fans.

(2 in the front, 2 in the back 1 blow hole on the top and a blow hole in the side,
then a graphics card fan, processor fan and multiple PSU fans)...

and the system is so bloody noisy it's beyond belief!! -(so I disconnected some fans)

(must investigate water/oil cooling!!)

lol geeze guys... hey root, do you think that having a fan in front that is going a bit slower than the ones in the back will actually limit airflow, or would it matter? cause im kinda debating whether to have a front fan or just to leave a hole...

Back
Top Bottom