Installation question

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I need your opinion on installing a program. I just got a new copy of Norton Systemworks and Norton Firewall 2005. I have the 2003 version of both software installed on the PC now. Would it be better to uninstall the 2003 version or to install the 2005 version over it?

When you install programs over each other you can get glitches. I would uninstall 03 and install 05, Just as a precaution. Its unlikely that anything will attack you in the few minutes it takes to finish

I did just that, thanks. I know some applications they prefer you to install over it. I was thinking that since this is a full version, why would I need the old version?

Well, all is installed (very smooth, might I add) and everything's running great. Home networking is back online and I'm typing on here again. 2005 defintely look a lot different than 2003. I like the look and feel of it. The little popups can get annoying at the lower right corner. I never saw that in the 03 version. Have to get use to it though. My Counterspy antispyware does the same thing.

Norton did add something new to the 05 and that is product key and activation, just like Microsoft. If you don't get it activated, it will lock you out within 15 days. That is tight.

Also, I'm sure I can also install this on my laptop too. Will Norton find out that I have two copies of Norton using the same product key on two different computers? Since they're so tight on security now like product activation and all.

I installed Mine on multiple computers *shrugs*

And also, I disabled mine when I used it, Its in options somewhere to stop the popups

You guys want to know what's really funny about Norton Systemworks? This programs comes with the One Button checkup software that scans the drive to see if there's any error on it. My 03 version found like 100 some odd error in the registry. This new 05 version only found 14 errors in the registry.

How odd is that?

Yeah, must be the updates or something like that... maybe in the 05 version, they took those names out of the registry.

Back
Top Bottom