Install XP on RAID ?

{sniper}

Beta member
I just built this nice A64 right and grabed a pair of Hitachi 80GB SATA's and wanted to run them as my primary drive but am having a issue with the windows installer finding the bloody drive !!!! Help Plz

Just tried that 2days ago. You cant install it when the array is made. You will have to break the array for it to pick up the drives. But even ocne i done that the bloody VIA drivers wouldnt work with Xp, i hate it. So damn annoying. well good luck,

yeah, I installed the 3rd party drivers in the installer and the #^@&*@% doesnt read crap! also didnt read the single drives either ... I could live with that

Yeh well i ended up taking one one and using just the one to try and install. When it trys the drivers it takes them, and i select the right one for xp. Then it says like i dont need it xp has it built in (my ass) it installs, then boots up and i get 50 different errors about 3rd party scsi controllers etc etc.

Basicly that made me sell one of my drives and use the other one on linux. works atleast. But my friends lending my xp home soon, i shall see if this works. *grunts*

that's messed it should work on pro well before home ... and I run pro ... screw home OS's their F'n shit ... remeber ME

heh, yeh.. Oh well but i just want my drive to work huh? Im running ME the now on the duron system, dont diss :p its fine!

Have either of you considered phoning the Support for the makers of the Drives or Drivers? Cause loads of people have RAID on XP.

Back
Top Bottom