Inspiron Screen Is Whack!

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hello!
My Inspiron 8600 has been goin just a little bit crazy. As you can see in the attached picture, there are two problem spots on the screen. The one on the left with two lines has been there constantly ever since i got it. The one on the right the big white splotch, has come and gone but it has now been there for about 4 days and im starting to get kinda discouraged :) They are there from the moment to screen powers up til when it shuts down so i know it is not the OS. Also, when i plug in to a external monitor it the image on the monitor is perfectly fine. I am hoping that it is just the video card but im not so sure. Just PLEEEEAAASEEE dont tell me that its the LCD! (but seriously, tell me if thats it :)

The picture was too big so here is the link
http://www.seanserver.com/other/IMAGE_00043.jpg

Thanks,
Sean

oh man, that looks pretty bad. if it displays perfectly fine on an external monitor, then i would assume its the screen and not the video card. you might wanna get someone else's opinion first before you take any action, though.

Wellllll, i just beat the hell out of the screen and the big white splotch peaced :) So im startin to think that it is the screen. Is it possible that there could be something interfering, or maybe even the ribbon calbe running from the video card to the LCD? If so , where can you buy one of those dealios.

Peace,
Sean

That is definitely the screen going bad on the laptop. If your laptop is still under warranty, I would suggest sending it in. If not, start shopping around for a LCD for an Inspiron 8600. But I see some difficulties occurring in your future. I feel sorry for you, but sometimes parts go bad - been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom