Inspiron 6400, FINAL!

lhuser said:
Then ,the 2300E is ruled out. You would always want the good stuff and no lacking. E should stand for Embedded.

Well there won't be much pure performance difference between the T2300 or the T2300E. If you compare them in certain applications, then yes you might see a difference. Overall, the lack of Virtualization Technology isn't that big of a drawback.

alvino said:
Well there won't be much pure performance difference between the T2300 or the T2300E. If you compare them in certain applications, then yes you might see a difference. Overall, the lack of Virtualization Technology isn't that big of a drawback.
Okay, but a T2400 will be the best bang for him, isn't it?

Your not going to see a major performance boost, even if you do jump right up to the T2400. Their all similar processors, and the jump really isn't going to make much difference - if you really think you'll need that extra speed, go for it, but you really won't see a larger increase.

However, the £70 is interesting. The E at the end of the name means it draws less power than a normal Core 2 Duo processor, so take a look at the positioning of the vents in pictures and see whether your lap would thank you for it :)

Overall, to be honest, if you've got money to blow, get the upgrade, otherwise just buy a laptop case and external hard drive with the money :)

Yar..I think I may just leave it at the 2050, I can spend the money on something better, it's a dual core 1.6Ghz remember, so that could rule my 2Ghz single core..I hope..

Well, it's ordered! + Rep for you all, LH, can't give you any right now..sorry..

Hope you like it :)

You'll have to tell me about it on MSN - I'm thinking of buying a laptop myself.

The 667mhz FSB won't give much difference - you gotta remember the FSB is quad pumped, so the upgrade would actually have only boosted him from a 100mhz FSB to a 133mhz FSB :)

Back
Top Bottom