Inspirion 6000

briggse

Beta member
I recently bought a Dell Inspirion 6000 and im pickin it up tommorrow. I want to know what software on my computer i can get rid of. I dont want aol but for some reason every time i try to delete aol on comps theres always leftovers from it. I plan to use Firefox so i can also delete Internet Explorer, right. Also what good game could i get that would be easy on the comp, it has 512 mb ram 60gb hd 1.3 ghz processor.

ok, here is how it goes.

AOL. Delete it:

ADD/REMOVE programes, remove from there, then once its gone, open up start/programs, if its there, get it gone, then go and search for it, then delete it, then go to C drive then Program files, have a look for AOL folder or anything contacted with it.

IE get rid of it:
do the same as what you did with AOL, apart from its on the desktop, start/programs and its located there, DO NOT DELETE IT FROM SEARCH.

if you delete it from search you will be fucked, beacuse if mozialla goes down, then there you go.

Do this with all the software that canr be deleted.
its the way i do it.

Good luck with your new computer

__Have A Nice Day__

I suggest you not uninstall Internet Explorer for the times when FireFox might not work quite right on certain webpages. It's rare, but there are issues with different browsers viewing different sites. Besides, IE is way better! :p

if you read mine, you would see what i said.

waste of post really in my books.

Spam=Stupid, read post before you reply.

But cobra, you did say to remove it, which makes the application unoperable. Spank has a point.

DON'T delete IE. As spank said there are web pages that require IE. And it's not that big program, won't take much space.

And for the game we need to know what your vid. card is.

spank_fusion said:
I suggest you not uninstall Internet Explorer for the times when FireFox might not work quite right on certain webpages. It's rare, but there are issues with different browsers viewing different sites. Besides, IE is way better! :p

You can't delete IE. If you do it'll screw up Windows because IE is integrated into Windows itself. I would just reformat if you can.

Windows messenger is integrated into windows, but u can still delete it. Though not with the original method of just control panel -> ad and remove programs. U can delete it with some programs and then there was a manual way to do it, just don't remember how.

But still, keep IE.

Yeah, but IE will really screw up XP if you take it out. Windows Messanger isn't really gone if you delete it. It's still there, but it's not (if you get what I mean). I forgot where I got it, but there was this program that "isolates" Windows Messanger.

Back
Top Bottom