Inno3D 8600GTS Alarm Temperature

I think thats the heatsink for the north bridge chip.

And some do run very hot.

I recently removed the heatsink on mine, cleaned it and reapplied thermal paste cause I thought it was running too hot.

Run PC Wizard. This is a great app. that will tell you your chipset temps.

Yup, the heatsink that says Gigabyte on it is the northbridge chip. How's the airflow through the case? Is that thing getting any airflow over it?

I'll see if I can take some photos later on today.
The air flow is... okay - as follows:

There is no fan at the front of the case, just a plastic grill from the case (so there's room to put a fan). The cable management isn't the best, a few molex adapters etc make it pretty yucky to look at. The CPU is cooled very well, with a big gigabyte cooler and one of those funnel things you screw onto the case's side panel over the top of the cooler.

I then have two fans which I think are 80mm - one on the back of the case next to the CPU, and one on the side panel just under the video card - both are blowing air out.

So I would say that there isn't too much flow - a lot of air going out, not enough going in. I was considering putting one of the fans on the front of the case as intake, and then keeping the other one on the side panel. I feel though that my cable management may be making a big difference, but there's little I can do unless I get a new PSU.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom