Incremental backups

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Guys,

I'm looking for some preferably free, software that can do incremental backups the way i want them done.

I have googled and tried some, but nothing that seems to work well...

I have a raid 1 setup adding data daily..

I want to make a backup of this Raid 1 data on an external harddrive..

Newer Modified files should overwrite older versions, newly created directories/files should be created on the external drive, and deleted directories/files should be deleted on the external drive.

I cant do full backups because I am dealing with 700+GB of data...

+Rep to helping

Thanks,

Cobian Backup

Its a free back up application.

Install it on your machine.

You can have it make security copies of the files and folders you select, when you say so. You can have it compress files if you like and it will do incremental, or differential backups.

EDIT:

In fact, i'll be running Cobian or Acronis on my backup server in the future.

Let me know how this goes after you've used it for a bit. I've been in the works for something like this for free, too. I hate manually backing up my files. I just say the heck with it usually and delete my entire external and do a fresh backup with the newly modified files.

Let me know how this goes after you've used it for a bit. I've been in the works for something like this for free, too. I hate manually backing up my files. I just say the heck with it usually and delete my entire external and do a fresh backup with the newly modified files.

It works awesome... finally found somthing that works....

Back
Top Bottom