Increasingly Frequently Bluescreens in Windows 7 x64

Cindres

Beta member
So basically i had a couple of BSODs, ok no worries i'll get on with life. But they've been getting more and more frequent.
I had one in April, then two in June and now nine in July alone.

I have the details of the most recent error (about half an hour ago):

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 15/07/2009 13:32:37
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Ash-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-07-15T12:32:37.625000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>24603</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Ash-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">59</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xc0000005</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff88002cf502a</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff88006c53a50</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

My spec is as follows:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66ghz)
Memory: 2gb Kingston DDR2 (667mhz)
GPU: ATi Radeon HD4870 512mb
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL
PSU: EZCool 600W (not too sure about the rest of the info on that)

Anymore info needed let me know i will get it asap.

I read that this problem has been solved by increasing the voltage to the RAM or reducing overclocks (my system is not overclocked). Something about x64 putting more stress on certain components?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

A lot of times, BSODs are a memory error (at least in most cases I've dealt with). Are you computer savvy? If you are up to it, you can reseat your RAM (pull it out, put it back it; it could be loose/not secure and causing this).

If you've done that, the next thing to do is check for a failed stick of RAM. You can do this by running memtest86. You need to burn it to a CD in ISO format using a program like Nero (Burning ROM) or a free program such ImgBurn (great program!). If you need help doing that, just let us know.

Edit: If you do decide to reseat the RAM, you might as well reseat the video card while you are at it. Like I said, I'm not sure if you built this computer and if you are tech savvy or not...It's not difficult though.

The computer is semi self built (the parts were picked out mostly by and it was built for me), i've made upgrades myself. So when you say reset my RAM and Video card all i gotta do is take em out and put em back in?

I have been suggested memtest which i will run when i'm outta the house for a few hours tomorrow to see what i get.
Thanks for the advice, will try basically all those things tomorrow.

So when you say reset my RAM and Video card all i gotta do is take em out and put em back in?

Yup.

I have been suggested memtest which i will run when i'm outta the house for a few hours tomorrow to see what i get.

Hopefully it'll catch something if the above doesn't fix it.

Thanks for the advice

It's what we're here for. :)

Well i thought resetting the RAM had fixed it, until i just had 3 BS's in a row. I ran memtest was out but it only appeared to be at 65% after 5 1/2 hours and i had nothing else to do so i cancelled it, i should give it more time when i get the chance, but this is now getting very worrying and infuriating.

Also i see that it's a kernel-power thing, could it be PSU related? I'm pretty sure the PSU is cheap and kinda weak, i think it may be struggling to keep up these days. (It's next on my list to upgrade anyway).

it might also be that the ram needs a little more power. Try to bump up the voltage on your ram a notch and see if that helps any.

um sure if it needs to be upgraded (PSU) then do it anyways, cant hurt ya know?

and what kinda ram do u have, got an idea?

Go in your BIOS and make sure that all of your ram settings are manually set...NOT to just auto.

Back
Top Bottom