Imaging devices

shopowner1234

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I just recently bought a sony eyetoy to use as a webcam. Unfortunately, I unplugged the eyetoy and now it doesn't work on my computer.

Although, I know the problem is I need to uninstall the device or software I installed it from.

http://www.ionstorm.co.uk/files/sairuk/index.shtml
http://www.gadgetmadness.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1088

Question: My camera is not recognised when I plug it in, or it used to work but does not work now.
Anwer: Once you have loaded drivers for a USB device even though they may be the wrong ones, they will be used every time you plug the device in again, and you will then not be able to load the correct drivers.

To get round this you must first delete the wrong drivers from your pc before you install the correct ones.

To do this, first make sure the eye toy is plugged into its USB port
Then for XP go to the Start icon, control panel, system, hardware, device manager.
In device manager, first go to Imaging devices and select USB webcam and then on the general tab check that location 0 says eyetoy USB camera Namtai. If it does remove the device. Select no to reboot if asked.
Then go to sound video and game controllers and select USB audio device and then on the general tab check that location 0 says eyetoy USB camera Namtai. If it does remove the device. Select no to reboot if asked.
Then go to USB controllers and select USB composite device and then on the general tab check that location 0 says eyetoy USB camera Namtai. If it does remove the device. Select no to reboot if asked.
Now unplug the eye toy and then reboot the pc.
After the reboot you can plug the eye toy back in and reload the drivers when prompted but please note chose the "install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" box and install from your Sony eye toy driver folder, not the "install the software automaticaly (Recommended)" box as you will just re install the wrong drivers again otherwise

Thats what I need to do. My problem in fact, is that I can't find imaging device in Device Manger to carry on with the uninstallation of D-link VGA Webcam. I was just wondering if there was a program like Device Manager, to which I can find Imaging Devices. I have tried googling Imaging Devices. But all it seems to do is want me to buy imaging devices. Go figure

I have tried this program called Driver Detective and it showed that I have D-link VGA webcam in a category they had under Imaging Devices. So I must have this Imaging Device somewhere on this computer.

Thank you for your time in reading and concern. I look forward to your replies in helping me solve this problem

P.S: I'm computer illiterate :p

are you sure you cant find it?
have you got to ytour device manager and looked down the list of devices?
my images is above the keyboard tab
wox

Dead positive. I've read and re read. Still can't find it.

I need to find it because I need to uninstall device "D-link VGA webcam." I'm pretty sure it isn't in the device manager because I've looked there heaps of times with no result.

Back
Top Bottom