Image of an OS question

I'd expect it to take about 120-140 mins. I don't know if it's system dependant.

I created the clone on a seperate hard drive thats many years old. So the times coud improve using 7200RPM SATA drives over old IDE ones.

EDIT:

I just managed to find the log of my previous back up and it took only 24 mins!

So your looking at just over an hour

Over USB it takes my system which has about 150gigs of data on it (OS included) about two hours. Expect this to take time. USB is a lot slower than strait HDD to HDD.

Yes, I would be backing up from 1 7200RPM sata drive, not sure about rpm on other sata drive to an external USB drive. So celegrom, I could expect to round for around 2 hours as i AM imaging UP 108 gb. I WAS THINKING MORE ON THE LINES OF 3 TO 4 HOURS. That is good to know. Thx for cheching in with the info. I greatly appreciate it.

thx

I've imaged a very similar system with acronis. Beware of the acronis time estimates when estimating total time. Acronis will base the estimate according to compression. Sometimes Acronis will estimate quicker complete times using high compression. The system I imaged that was similar to yours took upwards of 5 hours with high compression. Using normal compression the image took about 3 hours. Hope that helps.

I've imaged a very similar system with acronis. Beware of the acronis time estimates when estimating total time. Acronis will base the estimate according to compression. Sometimes Acronis will estimate quicker complete times using high compression. The system I imaged that was similar to yours took upwards of 5 hours with high compression. Using normal compression the image took about 3 hours. Hope that helps.

Yes, it is helpful. I appreciate your response. It sounds like this is something to be done during sleep time hours then.

thx

Back
Top Bottom