Image comparer

extendcradle

In Runtime
We are planning to have a security system regarding parking lot. The idea is to snapshot the incoming vehicle's plate number and when it is about to exit,another snapshot of the plate number and it will try to search if this image exist from the incoming images taken at the entrance. Is this possible or is there any software that self-analyze if the images are identical?

hmm, i'd expect there is software that will compare, but I won't expect it to be cheap. Its very complex for a computer to decide against something like that since it can be from different angles, and so isn't as simple as spot the difference, and a computer would find it hard to play that game anyway.

i found this:

http://www.bolidesoft.com/imagecomparer.html

now this won't help you, as it only compares the same image and tells you if its on the computer already to help web servers, and deletes them if it finds one, and this kind of thing woudl be easier than what you are getting it to do.

What you want to do is get a program that will basically look at the letters and numbers and register them as data over the image, and that means image recognition..
and just like voice recognition, its harder to do for computers.

I'm finding it very hard to find a specific program i'm afraid :( I know there would be some, but i know for sure they wouldn't be cheap.

I hope someone can help you :)

Hmm, i agree with Kage because these need advanced computers to actually recognise the the symbols on a number plate and whether it is a number plate originally

Purpose of program???

Why do you want to compare plates going out against plates coming in?

they have these things in garages, number plate recognitian, your plate has to be registered before the pumps switch on the help prevent drive aways...

so, the technology definitly is there,

whilst I don't know all that much about it, the OCR can't be that thrd because number plate letters are all of a standard form. height and width etc, so long as the camera took the photo at a reasonably good angle it'd probably be able to be performed by some regular software.

Speed cameras don't recognise the number plate though. What happens is, if it notices a car going too fast using the lines as guides, it takes a picture, and these are just ran through by police which would have the number plate on, so thats how they are caught.

I would contact your local police department and see if they have any suggestions. Also mabye a security company would know.

Back
Top Bottom