I'm trying to copy a CD that is protected. Alcohol and CloneCD failed.

rocket1406

In Runtime
They make the image, but then they don't write and give errors. This is a CD for a college textbook.

Suggestions?

My Asian friend said Nero wouldn't let him copy it either.

For me, Alcohol version 1.9.5.3105 was attempted, and CloneCD5.2.6.1 was attempted.

Am I using wrong settings? I'm not an expert at copying.

rocket1406 said:
They make the image, but then they don't write and give errors. This is a CD for a college textbook.

Suggestions?

My Asian friend said Nero wouldn't let him copy it either.

For me, Alcohol version 1.9.5.3105 was attempted, and CloneCD5.2.6.1 was attempted.

Am I using wrong settings? I'm not an expert at copying.

try copying all the files to your hard drive, then burn it to a new cd with the same cd name as the other one, sometimes this work, good luck.

I'll try that, but I have a strong feeling it won't work, or else they wouldn't put the protection on it right?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Maybe try burning a copy of the CD with Windows XP Burning utility (if you have XP Pro).

Or try what PWKR said.

It copied with Alcohol 120 now (with Safedisc 2/3 settings), and it also worked with Blindwrite 6.

HOWEVER, now it says...

"This program cannot run without the original cd in the drive" when it tries to Autoplay.

HELP!!

Should I try CloneCD again on my friends computer? What should I burn it as? Multimedia Audio, or Data?

In other words can CloneCD actually clone copy the cd better than Nero, Alcohol and Blindwrite?

Would it be able to bypass this "insert original cd" protection?

Back
Top Bottom