I'm not getting any sound!!

lhuser said:
Umm, is there another sound card in there>? Make sure you connected the speakers in the green slot...

No other sound card. Speakers are plugged into the green jack and they are turned on. I just plugged a pair of hedphones into the speakers and I can hear sound, but it's VERY faint, so they are working. How do I turn it up?

At least you're getting sound...so your speaker set is not working anymore.

As for your headphones, are they good qualitty or total crap?

total crap headphones do a very faint sound job

lhuser said:
At least you're getting sound...so your speaker set is not working anymore.

As for your headphones, are they good qualitty or total crap?

total crap headphones do a very faint sound job

Ok, I held the speakers up to my ear and they are also producing a very faint sound. WTF???

you have the wrong driver, i had the same probleam with mine. If i turned all the volumes dials up i could faintly hear shound. Are you using surround sound? I would say reinstall the drivers that if it is onboard, it would be the Motherboad cd, or the motherboad website to download the new drivers. I did that and i fixed the probleam.

Ritts said:
you have the wrong driver, i had the same probleam with mine. If i turned all the volumes dials up i could faintly hear shound. Are you using surround sound? I would say reinstall the drivers that if it is onboard, it would be the Motherboad cd, or the motherboad website to download the new drivers. I did that and i fixed the probleam.

I am getting faint sound from the speakers. Is there any volume control I'm missing?

Accessories/Media Tools/Volume.

have you tried the other jacks? Speaker volume.

Go control panel/Sound and audio/Audio tab/and make sure there is somthing that looks familier under defult device.

Ok, I just reinstalled the drivers from the motherboard disk and I am still getting nothing. Could it be the speakers?

That is really weird. I am not sure, i am stumped. I guess is could be the speakers, but i find it weird that i had taht same probleam and had it fixed when repairing drivers. Go to divice manager and sound devices. Cheak to make sure that there is nothing that is requiring attention. Thos will show up in yellow with the ! point on them.
Right click go ingo proporties and see what u can do from there.

Wait a sec....

Did you removed two jumpers from the mobo? Did you remover them for the front audio if you habve one? if it's that, the no wonder why you don't get sound

Back
Top Bottom