I'm new and need help.

izzo2323

Beta member
I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an HP Pavilian a705w with a 2.9 Ghz intel celeron processer, which has been running very slow lately. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's on possible causes or solutions. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

nick

yea, get rid of that thing
blunt , yes, but its not a great computer, otherwise try upgradin the memory, and the rest of hte computer

OMFG dont start that. he wants it to run better. and i ASSUME without buying anything.

try doing some spy ware scans, and virus scans, and that ur hard drive isnt close to full. and defrag that.

arrizx said:
OMFG dont start that. he wants it to run better. and i ASSUME without buying anything.

try doing some spy ware scans, and virus scans, and that ur hard drive isnt close to full. and defrag that.

He wants it to run better so sk8 told him it'd be wise to get an upgrade.

Wow man you seriously need to chill... "OMFG DOODZ DONT START THAT CRAP OMGZ"

Like that one guy said to my post, "We don't make stupid assumptions here". So follow the rules, the mod that posted in the thread didn't make any arguement with it so that's how it's got to run.

IRT Computer guy,
Sell that one, for parts or something.

A: It's store bought so you probobly won't get it to run nicely for very long.
B: If you're using the sofware that came with the computer IE windows, AOL, spam blocker, etc. That stuff is just stuff they give you because the software producers sponsor the company.
C: You should check out what ports you have open in your route and check out some of the UDP and TCP requests going through your network.
D: It's the cheapest possible make of an Intel Processor so don't expect it to run things nicely.

im just being logial. i mean do you wanna buy something for ur computer ever time it gets slow. or do you wanna fix ur software issues. i mean damn. think man..

arrizx said:
im just being logial. i mean do you wanna buy something for ur computer ever time it gets slow. or do you wanna fix ur software issues. i mean damn. think man..

LOLOL How about you realize that the hardware he has is nearly 80% op the problem, if he's running any form of Microsoft software. If he has resorted to going to a computer forum site, he has most likely defragged and done things basic computer users learn to do. "i mean damn. think man.."

or how about you just try and solve the problem by askin questions, you know simple things, to get to the bare facts, and then upon receiving those facts, try and help him. i mean not all people know how to do everything.. i mean are you sure he knows how to defrag. ( im sure he does, just making a point) but still try and solve the problem before saying that you have to get new hardware. that should be a last resort..

Hello and welcome to the forum...
try running spyware and adware checks, and run your antivirus software too. try defrag too, see if that makes any difference.

ive never had any luck with HP, the two HP computers ive had have both died about 2 weeks after the warranty run out...

i know a few programs and tweaks that would really help with your performance. for one go 2 http://www.ccleaner.com and download and run that. it's a great program and will free up alot of space. even though that is pretty much a leet upgrade from disk cleanup i still recommend u check that and make sure that it got rid of compressed files which i'm not sure if ccleaner takes care of that. also go 2 this site and it gives a bunch of great programs and tweaks: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html if that doesn't help much, which it definatly should, then yes u definitly need more ram, no way of avoiding it...

Back
Top Bottom