I'm in the market for a new graphics card

Danzig

Solid State Member
Hey guys. I came here for some computer help today. Normally I can fix my own problems, but this time I'm dealing with something I'm unsure about.

So I now have a Radeon HD 4200 that's integrated into my motherboard. All the games I play experience graphics issues. At time I can see right through my firearm or character.

So I need some help on getting a graphics card. I'll cut to the chase and put my questions below

-Which should I get? Budget is around $50-80. I want to be able to run recent games at an okay quality. Games like Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands, Arma 2

-How do I install it? As I said earlier, the one I have now is integrated. I'm not even sure where to begin, short of putting the GPU in the black slot

-Will it fit? I don't know if it will even fit in my computers case. I'll post pictures below
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I can take more pictures

Thanks

With a budget of that low, it would be VERY laggy at even borderlands. In order to run borderlands at medium, budget would be around 150 or so. At low, 100 ish.

Any ideas as to what GPU I should buy? I've never bought one before.

I play Borderlands now. It's a wonderful game. I just have the same graphics issues. I went into this one little hut and it looked like a bunch of crystals were all over the walls cause of my graphics issue.

So how do I know if my motherboard will be compatible with a certain GPU? And my PSU? I think it's been established that I have the PCI Express x16 slot.

I'm looking at this: Newegg.com - MSI R6570-MD2GD3/LP Radeon HD 6570 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

your mobo has a pci-e x16 so it is compatible with any card that fits.

that card is the old ddr3. Your gonna have to change it again in 6 months.

the power requirement is low for that card. if you have 400w or over, your golden. depends what else you have on the pc tho (no. of hdd, dvd etc)

(You should save more cash, or look at second hand. Your wasting your cash)

Back
Top Bottom