Im mad

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Well yesterday I recieved some new fans. I install them turn on my computer and they didn't turn on. So today I put my old ones back in. Well with my case there is a fan right behind the hard drive cage. I was putting the hard drive cage back in. I have my hard drive mounted backwards though so its harder to see the wires through my window. Anyways I was putting the hard drive cage back in and normally it can get stuck or somthing. It felt stuck so I pushed it harder then I figured it shouldnt be this hard. I pulled it out and my sata cabl had come off. I was like wtf I look at the hard drive and all the pins for the SATA connector were bent. So now im kinda screwed. I need a new hard drive now and I had just sold my memory so I need to buy new memory.

I have a budget of about a $200 for a hard drive and memory so here is what I was thinking.
Memory-
http://www.tankguys.biz/team-xtreem....html?osCsid=9e88ab5a8286c7186dc3b61b481befb2
Hard drive-
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1892385

Sorry if that was hard to read I'm just pretty freakin mad right now. If anybody knows of any really sweet deals on some hard drives that will be greatly aprreciated. Thanks for listening to my rant.

I got a harddrive I'm trying to sell, 200G, $90. I know that ones better with the rebate, but, eh, I'm trying! ;P

Anyway, sorry to hear that happened. I broke my 7800GT back when I had it(ended up just getting a refund and going with a new machine) You just have to be careful when you're working in your computer!

Hey, what are you going to do with the old drive?

Im not sure what to do with the old drive. I might go mess around later with it and see if I can get the pins stratiened and hopefully it will work. I have another 160gb IDE drive that if the power cable is plugged in the computer willn't turn on if you are interested in junk hard drives.

Or the Hard drive controller? I have a 120GB sitting with a dead controller on my shelf...

Im not giving it away, even though I doubt it works.

Sorry for the noobish question lhuser but is the hard drive controller on the motherboard or the hard drive itself?

i would think u can bend the pins back and have a fully working hard drive, ive bent the pins on a cpu before... just bent em back and it worked fine

Well I got all the pins beny out normal but now the problem is that somehow the plastic around where the SATA cable goes is broken so the SATA cable willn't stay plugged into the hard drive. I dont know what to do now. It does work though becaues I was holding the cable there and my go to the windows login screen.

Back
Top Bottom