Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: I'm at a loss with my computer and I need your help please.

I made an interesting observation with Crysis and Win 7. If I install the ATI drivers for my video display adapters (ATI HD4870) the clouds flicker as I play. Everything works, it's just that the clouds flicker. If I do a clean install, and use the drivers that Win 7 comes up with, the crossfire works and no cloud flicker. Now that I have installed Vista 64 bit, I had to use the ATI drivers and the cloud flicker is back. When installing Vista 64 bit, it didn't come up with drivers for the video so I had to install the ATI drivers.

Are you using the drivers from the manufacturer of your video display adapter, or are you using the drivers from Win 7. Did you do a clean install of Win 7 with your current display adapter and did it provide drivers, or did you *have* to install the manufacturers drivers?

Depending upon how ambitious you are, you might try both drivers, Win 7 and the OEM. That is if Win 7 drivers work during installation. I recommend following ARs advice first, it would be much easier if you could find what someone else did to fix the problem.

Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
When I first installed the game, it was a pirated copy but I recently got a legit copy and did a reinstall. I had the problem with the pirated version and after I reinstalled the game from the legit DVD.

The game is Sins of a Solar Empire but I'm running the 7 Deadly Sins Mod because it's worlds better than the original game. The ship that is causing the game to crash is just a standard support and attack vessel that's no different that another one of the same kind except this one causes the game to crash.
i have the same game, were did u get the mod? i'll DL it an try it cuz i have W7 to an if i crash, then it is W7 then?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
i have the same game, were did u get the mod? i'll DL it an try it cuz i have W7 to an if i crash, then it is W7 then?
Here is the sight for the mod. DANMAN GAMES It's the 7 Deadly Sins 2.1. Oh, and make sure you only have update v1.05 or the mod won't work with the latest update. If you have the latest update, you'll need to reinstall the game.

An interesting thing I just noticed is that the game seems to run fine if the mod is not enabled.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
An interesting thing I just noticed is that the game seems to run fine if the mod is not enabled.
Much as I hate to say it. That says something about the mod.
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
Golden Master

someone didnt include a script in the mod to support that one special ship then.

EDIT: i got the mod an it does it to me to... deff the mod.