Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Daemon Poster

Question Im looking For a Laptop and I need some help.

Hello, I am looking for a cheaply price IBM Thinkpad T41, T42, T43, or R32 Laptop under $165 with a 1.7 - 2.1 ghz Pentium M proccessor, 512mb Ram, a 30 - 40gb Hard drive with or without Windows, and a Radeon 9600 integrated graphics card. I have looked on Ebay, but the best deals always sell before I can get aprooval from my dad to buy one. Does anyone know where I can buy on for under $165?

aPanzerIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Im looking For a Laptop and I need some help.

Try Craigslist i found a few here Missouri for around that price.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Baseband Member

I would look on Craiglist or even your local Pennysaver. There's usually a lot of lower end machines that are sold on either or.

Happy hunting.
RemoteTechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Thanks, I didn't know Craigslist had PC's, I hope to have my used, and perfect match of a laptop in a 1 - 2 weeks- because I still have to sell my erector set or my G3 Imac to afford it. Btw= Thanks Alot!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPanzerIV View Post
Thanks, I didn't know Craigslist had PC's, I hope to have my used, and perfect match of a laptop in a 1 - 2 weeks- because I still have to sell my erector set or my G3 Imac to afford it. Btw= Thanks Alot!
You should be able to sell that Imac easy i see them all the time on craigslist from 50 -125 depending on condition. Put yours on craigslist some one might even trade you for what your looking for!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astharr View Post
You should be able to sell that Imac easy i see them all the time on craigslist from 50 -125 depending on condition. Put yours on craigslist some one might even trade you for what your looking for!
Mine is in origional condition, still has the usb/cord cover, 96mb ram, 350 - 400mhz, a 4gb IED with the origional 9.2, but I got it from an old school, and can only login as student, but all features are accessible.

Edit- I looked for the Thinkpad in Tennesse, its about $200 JUST for the R31. Is shiping availible or do I have to go pick it up?

RE- Edit- No thinkpad R31 for $165 is even Near Tennese, I'm not about to spend more than $60 in gasoline to drive my '86 Wagoneer out to Floridia JUST to pick up a Laptop

I found a Sweet R32 with a dead battery($20) and dead speakers(i used headphones anyway) with a 1.7ghz PM, a 9600, and 512mb for $111.11. 30gb HD and windows XP. It has 3 days left and Best of all, Its SO cheap, I don't have to sell my IMAC!!! WOOHOO!!! NO MORE DUMB OLD GATEWAY!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Baseband Member

Yea that sounds like a really good deal. Hell i use my laptop with a worn out battery its just annoying when i go from home to school because i have to reboot and i dont want to spend $80 on a battery when i dont use my laptop all that much.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astharr View Post
Yea that sounds like a really good deal. Hell i use my laptop with a worn out battery its just annoying when i go from home to school because i have to reboot and i dont want to spend $80 on a battery when i dont use my laptop all that much.
The 6 cells for the R32 don't really cost much, but they last about 3 hours, but the 9 cells cost about $100, but you get 5- 6 hours.

I found one with working sound, 640mb of ram, a 40gbHD, and a old 9cell for $120, I'll buy it this weekend when I get to $123 for mowing. lol...
I got $84 of my $112 out of mowing my lawn for $5 an hour. Now I get a great laptop- desktop- crappy Gateway replacment...