I'm looking for a laptop

LOL This Guy

Beta member
Hi guys! I'm new here. I'm in the market for a new computer. I built a few online and I have a question. How is HP compared to Toshiba? I know Gateway has optical drive issues... I'd like a HP as my desktop is one and has been problem free for 3.5 years, but the Toshiba is cheaper. TIA :)

Oh, and is AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 7520G integrated graphics much different than AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7600 Series Discrete-Class? The HP has the latter.

Truthfully, I'd recommend finding a Best Buy or somesuch and actually trying out a floor model or two. That was you can get a feel for the machine itself rather than blindly buying off the internets... keyboard size and layout can be subtle annoyances, as are headphone jack locations, etc.

I have a lot of HP machines right now, and while I am generally satisfied, there are issues I have dealt with in the past that are peculiar to HP or specific models-- the G72-series have very large screens, but little support for those screens, so they can be broken easily, for example. The DV-2000 series overheats easily, and the hard drive resides right under your left hand, which can cause major discomfort when typing on a unit that has been running (and accessing the drive) for a while.

Back
Top Bottom