I'M AN IDIOT, and NEED HELP

Crets0n

Solid State Member
I started my computer up the other day, and the screen was magnified and my colors were all messed up. I checked display and set my color from 16 to 16bit (or 256) and my screen back to normal but everytime I have it set, it says that none of the new settings will be set unless I reset. I reset the computer and NOTHING happens !!!!!!!

Please someone, HELP ME

sounds like you have lost your video drivers or rather your computer has.
u need to get out the driver disk for your graphics card and reinstall.

if you cant find the disk do a search on the net

ok...

Thanks but, If I cant find those what else could I do?

I just want to now what the easiest ting to do is ....

Thanks

the easies thing to do is install the new video driver and you shouldn't have any problems. it is not hard to do.

Crets0n said:
I started my computer up the other day, and the screen was magnified and my colors were all messed up. I checked display and set my color from 16 to 16bit (or 256) and my screen back to normal but everytime I have it set, it says that none of the new settings will be set unless I reset. I reset the computer and NOTHING happens !!!!!!!

Please someone, HELP ME

What does magnified mean ? Your desktop is out of wack,right,don't worry it will be ok if you do this.
If you booted up at 16 color than just do an overwrite of your Accelerated graphic drivers with your Video card cd. I've had to do this.
I'm surprised you had a 16 bit 65000 color option,did you really ?
Please Reply HELP ME.

It really did, I thought it was wierd too, but my comp has three color options, 16 colors, 256 colors, or 16 bit. As for the magnification, I might have chosen the wrong word, but the option I meant was called "screen area".

It's stuck on 640x480, I need it on 800x600, but each time i set it it doesn't apply the changes no matter what I do.

Did that help?

your graphics card is messed up reinstall your drivers.

btw what are the specifications of the machine ?

I'll find out soon...but I have to leave right now for work...... I'll get u my specifications in a few hours. so dont wait up

dell_dimension_8100.jpg

sounds like from what i can see it has intel extreme graphics onboard

Back
Top Bottom