I'm A Heathen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I think it is a bit funny how I'm the youngest one here and I'm the only one who is really not amused by this. But, that's just my opinion. I think you guys just need to quit it and ignore each other for the rest of the time here (that is, Hunter and MoneyMan ignoring Requin) and it'll keep the forums A LOT cleaner and less cluttered.

Thanks for your time. This is my last post here, in this thread.

And what does getting past your grammaticly incorrect sentances have to do with my being looked upon as a child????

seriously..that would mean by the time your 65 (or ready to retire) your getting paid in the hundreds of thousands a year just to box items and ship them out...

money_man said:
so you mean if i work there and cleant eh toilets ill be a millionaire? and why does a company have a planned number of damages? they shouldnt plan any because there should never be any.

Every shipping company will have a planned number of damages because it's impossible to go through a year of shipping without some getting broken. Boxes wear, if it's rainy the cardboard dissolves, tape isn't always applied properly. A damage isn't necessarily to the merchandise, just the box, and it has to be taped up or repackaged before being shipping out.

Ideally, there shouldn't be any. Once you grow up, hopefully you'll realize the world has no place for idealism.

Jamxx said:
Hmm... I think it is a bit funny how I'm the youngest one here and I'm the only one who is really not amused by this. But, that's just my opinion. I think you guys just need to quit it and ignore each other for the rest of the time here (that is, Hunter and MoneyMan ignoring Requin) and it'll keep the forums A LOT cleaner and less cluttered.

Thanks for your time. This is my last post here, in this thread.

actually if we just argue here for a while it will keep the rest of teh forums clean from our crap

And why the hell would I ever come to your b-day party!??!? Damn I have to give you props for putting up with this shit for so damned long. And to think... me and Money were having a peaceful little conversation..... :(

Ziirou Requin said:
Every shipping company will have a planned number of damages because it's impossible to go through a year of shipping without some getting broken. Boxes wear, if it's rainy the cardboard dissolves, tape isn't always applied properly. A damage isn't necessarily to the merchandise, just the box, and it has to be taped up or repackaged before being shipping out.

Ideally, there shouldn't be any. Once you grow up, hopefully you'll realize the world has no place for idealism.

well thats why UPS sucks at shipping and FedEx rules. because fedex cares about their shipping, they dont go around saying hey look at us we can ruin a few packages because thats part of the yearly quota

HRHunteRHR said:
And why the hell would I ever come to your b-day party!??!? Damn I have to give you props for putting up with this shit for so damned long. And to think... me and Money were having a peaceful little conversation..... :(

actually thanks for bringing that up HR...requin why did you have to come in and ruin our conversation???? btw HR what'd you get for x-mas..lets ignore this clown

Ziirou Requin said:

WOWOWOWOW QUIT LIFE PLEASE.

HRHunteRHR said:
I'd really like to see the evidence with that last statement about retiring as a millionare. Now I think you've resorted to super bull shit lies to give us.....

You're right, I should elaborate. Those who join UPS in the union as a package handler can go to a driver or part-time supervisor. Drivers and part-timers can then go to full-time supervisors. A driver is still a union position. They get paid by the hour. A supervisor is management, no union position, salary pay. Drivers & full-time supervisors and up retire millionaires. Why? 'cause the pay is damn good to begin with, not to mention the 401k (gotta follow the correct steps), pension plan provided by UPS (on par with NYC police officers, which is very good), and the biggest factor - UPS stock. Every year they're given stock, depending on their performance. Yes, there are abnormalities, but most of the people that are drivers end up having a few million after 25+ years of service.

Full-timers are rarely in that position for their entire career. They either leave the company, or move up to operations management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom