I'm hearing voices...

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
What's up with this? It scared the shit out of me. First my mouse freezes, so I use the keyboard to shut off my system, then in the command prompt area this creepy little midi type voice says "CPU fan failed", so I go to the BIOS and check the hardware monitors and my CPU is running at 33 degrees C and the mobo is at 19 degrees C, so obviously the CPU fan is on. Plus, the A7N8X-E DX mobo I am using automaticaly shuts off if the CPU starts to overheat.

When I acces the BIOS it says something like "Accessing BIOS" and then when I boot up windows it says "Accessing operating system". It should be noted that the voice is coming from my speakers and not from the internal speaker of my system. No huge problems with my system yet, as I am typing the message from it, but it is a little disconcerting. I wonder if it was that I tried upping the FSB from 133 to 166 (using 2500+ mobile Athlon XP so I should be able to bring it up to 200 without a problem, in theory). In any case, virtually everything I am doing is new to me, but I am doing my best to learn. Has anyone heard these voices? Could it be a virus?

It could be some kind of stupid, kiddy virus. Try running norton anti-cirus, And if you can reformat.

its strange if u here it from ur normal speakers, cus it normally shouldn't load the audio drivers until you get at least to or past the 'loadsing win xp' screen...n u say it makes the sound before its even laoded bios? straaaange...u sure ur mobo didn't come with this feature? maybe if it did u could disable it

When I restart and it goes to the black screen it says "CPU fan failed". I can either press F1 to enter windows or press Delete to enter the bios. AS I said earlier, it says different things depending on weather you enter windows or the bios. I doubt it would be a virus, as I would think that virus makers would come up with something more colourful than "CPU fan failed".

Talking bios...

That board has a talking bios. Go in to the bios to see if there is a switch in there to turn it off. If not go to the makers web site for details...

Back
Top Bottom