I'm Having trouble. My computer doesn't run as fast as it should.

Josh Rider1

Solid State Member
I got my computer about a year ago, and it was a good mid-range machine then. Here are my specs(atleast the ones I know):

HP Pavillion a465c
Pentium IV 3.2 GHz proccesor with Hyper-Threading Technology
160 GB Hard Drive
512MB DDRRAM
64 MB integrated graphics(ya, I'm working on it)
Cable Modem Internet

So here is my problem, my computer is running slow, when I think it shouldn't be. My computer's hard drive was 135 GB full two months ago, and I deleted about 100 GB, the thing is, my computer as only gotten slower. Sometimes booting up and running a bunch of programs at once is filled with lag and is a total bummer. Any tips on how I could improve the speed of my computer and how it runs things and should my computer be running this slow for some basic programs like Word and Firefox?

well since uve had the comp for about a year it might be a good idea to just backup and reformat its always the best way to get your comp working in like new condition so give that a try

gaming_freak said:
well since uve had the comp for about a year it might be a good idea to just backup and reformat its always the best way to get your comp working in like new condition so give that a try

How do you do that? I'm not exactly a computer guru.

lol its ok what u need to do is find the windows xp disk that came with ur comp then turn ur comp on and keep tapping delete so that u get into the bios and make sure it boots off of the disk drive first then put the windows xp disk in and when u save and exit it will ask u if u want to boot off of the cd say yes and just follow the steps, just make sure u tell it to format first (erase EVERYTHING) and just back up all ur stuff by burning it to disks or using an external hard drive

Back
Top Bottom