I'm having problems

nathan1

Beta member
Ok I'm having some major problems with my computer, well maybe not major but their troubles. I can't use my computer for more than 5 minutes without it shuting down on me. It seems to have gotten progresivly worse. At first it would just freeze up and I would have to restart but now it just shuts off or restarts.

I thought it might be a virus, but I ran a scan and nothing came up. (I use AVG) Now I'm not the most computer literet person, at least compared to you guys probably, But I now how to opperate it and all the good stuff. I really don't know anything about the hardware though. I know what I'm doing like as far as running programs and basic opperation but as far as the physical aspects of fixing a computer I really don't know anything.

Let me know if you can help.

Nathan

I really doubt it is the tempeture. My Brother (who is off at college and hence cannot help me) worked on it a little while he was on break and I'm guessing that was one of the first things he checked.

my memory compatability did that to me, if you have upgraded the memory recently make sure it is compatable with the machine

when it shuts down can you restart it right away and use it again?
really sounds like a heat issue to me. check the temps in your bios and tell us what they are and the specs of your computer.

Just checked the temp and it is 23 C and 73 Far

It says that the shutdown temp is 70/158 C and Far so that's not even close to it. I talked to my brother over the phone and he said that it could be a bad copy of Windows XP and to re-install it.

Plus I got a warning thingy that said that this file was missing and I had to replace it or somthing. Here was the file. \system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Maybe that helps

Back
Top Bottom