Below is what I'm planning for the new computer I'm going to build over the next 6 months. Unfortunately I can't afford to build it all at once
. Anyway I thought I'd try and get some feedback if anyone has had any experience with any of these parts or know any other parts that might work better. Just some quick notes:
1) I wan't to go with a SSD only for the OS for faster boot-times and shut-downs.
2) Any processor I go with will be a 1366 Socket because I believe Intel's new processor line coming out in a year or two (Hexa-cores) will be that same socket so upgrading will be easier.
3) I'm an Intel guy...no AMD
4) Eventually I plan on going with a Dual-SLI with the GTX 295's and the power supply (although quite pricey) is NVidia certified for Dual GTA 295's
5) I chose Windows 7 because it will be out by the time I finish building the computer, I'm someone who actually loves Vista (never had a problem or a crash is the years I've been using it), and from my understanding it has better support for SSDs.
: MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366
: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66Ghz 1366 130W Quad-Core
: Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
: OCZ Platinum 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333
: MSI GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
: OCZ Vertex Seris 2.5" 60 GB SATA II MLC SSD (Only for OS)
: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
: Silverstone ST1200 1200
: Acer 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD B2333HUbmidhz