im connected to my broadband server,but i get nuthing when i try to go on sites??

rich denney

Beta member
i have 512k tiscali broadband.i go into the icon on my desktop and i get connected no probs...but when i go into netscape,winmx or msn messenger,it just wont let me do it?i cant access anything.....im not an expert on settings and stuff,but i no a bit...my connection seemed to be going b4 i finally couldnt receive anything??it was going really slow and wouldnt let me see pics on ebay and then just went...i tryed messing with the dns settings in tcp and it seemed to do the job??then went again.....is there sumthing wrong with my settings ,the dsl modem or have i got a virus or my systems unstable?i have recently beentrying to install a new hardrive?thanks for leaving ur replies

Put your settings 'detect automaticly'. If Tiscali have changed anything then your comp would need to update that too.
Are you saying you can get on sites fine in internet explorer?

rich denney said:
i have 512k tiscali broadband.i go into the icon on my desktop and i get connected no probs...but when i go into netscape,winmx or msn messenger,it just wont let me do it?i cant access anything.....im not an expert on settings and stuff,but i no a bit...my connection seemed to be going b4 i finally couldnt receive anything??it was going really slow and wouldnt let me see pics on ebay and then just went...i tryed messing with the dns settings in tcp and it seemed to do the job??then went again.....is there sumthing wrong with my settings ,the dsl modem or have i got a virus or my systems unstable?i have recently beentrying to install a new hardrive?thanks for leaving ur replies

How is your Computer Connected to the Main Line?

Do you have any Firewalls?

Back
Top Bottom