I'm about to have to buy a prebuilt computer...

chickie.chick

Solid State Member
something I haven't had to do for a looong time. I'm having shipping address issues, I can't ship where I live, but I can have onepackage delivered to a relatives address. So prebuilt pc it is. I'm so used to building them....
What is the current take on different companies? Someone recommended HP, saying they let you make some upgrades yourself. I don't know about that, but if I buy one at Best Buy, I can take it in there during the warranty period. Dell you have to ship it off.... no go. Well, unless I want to crack it open myself and void the warranty, I'm not really opposed to that. Used to it on my systems. However, a long time ago my mom had one and she said you have to buy Dell parts, do they still do that? What about Gateways?

Oh yes, and video cards and Vista, anything I should be wary of with brands and incompatibility with Aero? Or any drivers for Vista interfering with games? Namely, The Sims 2? (Don't laugh. I am a girl.)

ohh bad luck , acer are pretty good , too , dunno if you can have them in us and i thought you where allowed to add ram and drives to dell computers , i have then the ruling may be different in the uk , hp are pretty good to , i had a compaq notebook for some time and it was pretty reliable , i had it for about 4-5 years and i never broke
read the bottom post here to read about dell warrenties, this person says it does not void your warrenty http://groups.google.co.uk/group/al...aeea49f95b1/813ff62a320636e0#813ff62a320636e0
anyways i dont know much about vista and compatability

What's stopping me is the agreement that I will only have one package shipped, if I order several parts, she isn't willing to let me use her address. Thank you both for the info, I'm looking over it now.

I've had a Gateway (with significant upgrades, new video card, PSU, added an additional 2 gigs of RAM, new hard drive) for over a year, and it's worked flawlessly. I would recommend them. All the original parts that came with it still work perfectly. I've never had any problems with it.

just a thought dont know if you have mesh in usa , there prices in the uk look quite good , obviously not as good as self build but still good

Back
Top Bottom