I'm about to go crazy (in the process of building a PC)

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
OK, so I've got my case open in front of me

Ram, mobo backplate, and CPU and cooler is installed

BUT

I'm unsure of what screw to use to tighten the mobo on the standoffs. this one type of screw works for all the holes except two, so I want to check the standoffs underneath

however, I tested out this other type of screw and now it wont come out no matter how much i loosen it. It's just one and it wont come out. i know thats not the one I'm supposed to use but it just wont come out no matter how much I loosen it, it just keeps on turning and doesnt go anywhere.

im truly am about to go crazy since everthing was going so smoothly up until this supposedly very simple step.

any idea how i can get this screw out?

I'll be working on my PC until its finished so I'll be here

Thanks guys

look in your motherboard manual
i did. i know what screw to use but this one screw which is obviously not the one youre supposed to use wont come out

its loose, it turns, but it doesnt come out. i can stand there turning the screwdriver for hours and it'll just turn instead of coming out of the standoff

hmmmm.... well, im out of ideas

check to see if the standoffs are properly installed, look inside them.... see if ur screws are stripped, etc

Okay, this happens to me all of the time. It's a pretty simple fix. As you're turning the screw, lightly lift up that side of the motherboard. Just pull the motherboard towards you as you turn the screw.

Okay, this happens to me all of the time. It's a pretty simple fix. As you're turning the screw, lightly light up that side of the motherboard. Just pull the motherboard towards you as you turn the screw.

lolwut

lightly light up

however, I tested out this other type of screw and now it wont come out no matter how much i loosen it. It's just one and it wont come out. i know thats not the one I'm supposed to use but it just wont come out no matter how much I loosen it, it just keeps on turning and doesnt go anywhere.
Sounds like you've unscrewed the stand off underneath. I did that on my first time as well :D
You don't need to take the motherboard out, just screw it back in and find some screws that will fit the other stand offs.

It's good that you installed as many components onto the motherboard as possible before you put it in the case. I didn't think of that my first time and it made things a lot more difficult.

phew OK i got it out.

ok, nevermind i still dont know what type of screws to use

can someone please give me a picture of a typical motherboard screw?

because i've found one that works but I only have 4 of them. I have a ton of little smaller screws

Back
Top Bottom