IEEE 1394 trouble

xboxjox3

Baseband Member
I recently added a IEEE 1394 FireWire PCI card to my Dell PC. The card company claims that all Windows 98 and later come pre-bundled with the IEEE 1394 drivers and that it needs no manual installation...However, my computer won't detect the hardware and when I go to "add new hardware", it doesn't find the card and it says there are no drivers for the device. I have put the card in all of my PCI slots and I took my working modem out of one of them to put the card in so I know it's not the PCI slot's problem...Please help!! I really want to import my video to my 450$ Sony Vegas software so I can make some sweet vids. Thanks!!!

It's probobly because windows doesn't support WIn98 now.... Just buy Windows XP and I guarantee if it isn't the PCI slot, it'll be fine. :)

HRHunteRHR said:
It's probobly because windows doesn't support WIn98 now.... Just buy Windows XP and I guarantee if it isn't the PCI slot, it'll be fine. :)

People don't like, trying to come and get help, and getting told to go fork out money for something they don't need

Is it Windows 98 or 98SE? I've never seen anyone use firewire with 98, and I wouldn't recommend it. On the box, does it specifically say for Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, or XP? If it doesn't say it on the box- guess what- the company lied!

Back
Top Bottom