IE7 and Musicmatch Jukebox

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
A little while ago I installed the windows updates, and with that came IE7. Well all was fine with it until I went to open Musicmatch Jukebox. Wouldn't startup. So I said screw this and did a system restore, IE6 was back and all was well with Musicmatch.

Well the other day windows updates came up again and with that, again, was IE7. So forgetting what the problem was I installed it and, again, Musicmatch would not work. I just got done with system restore and everything is cool again.

I will NOT give up Musicmatch, it is my favorite program on my pc.

So this is a warning to anyone who uses Musicmatch and wants to upgrade to IE7. Although I'm told that Musicmatch 10 works with it, I use 7.2 and I'm not interested in upgrading.

I run IE7 and MM Jukebox 10 with no problems. In fact IE7 has never caused any problems or conflicts for me. I did install MMJ after I installed IE7 so give that a try. Just remove MMJ, update to IE7 and then re install MMJ and I bet you will be good to go.
F.J.

And is IE7 the only update that Windows Update is doing at the time? It could be another little update doing something to MMJ's files.

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
And is IE7 the only update that Windows Update is doing at the time? It could be another little update doing something to MMJ's files.

Matt
It is IE7 doing it and I'm not the only one having that problem.

I took care of it by doing a system restore. I don't want to upgrade to mmj 10.

IE7 messes with rhapsody as well. It doesn't load the music guide as well as it used to and sometimes it doesn't render them correctly. Works fine with IE6 though.

Tommy Boy said:
I heard something about IE7 screwing up Nero too.
Why dont you want to update to MMJ 10? Its just seems funny because I have no problems at all w/ Nero, MMJ and IE7.
F.J.

Back
Top Bottom