ie7 broken

dadio

Beta member
My motherboard fried last week and I replaced it with a new setup (motherboard, procesor, and ram). Since I made such major changes XP would not boot up. Ran repair from my cd unaware of the problem that it would break ie7. I have done a couple searches and understand the problem but can't find a fix. Is there a way to repair ie7 without losing everything (fav's etc.)? Can I install ie7 over itself?

mb asus m2n-vm dvi
proc amd athlon 64x2 5000+
ram 1 gig kingston
wind xp pro w sp2 installed

Thanks for your help

You should have done some thinking before you did a repair install and backed up your important files and anything you would have wanted to keep (like your ie favs) in case something like this happened. A visit to this forum beforehand would have done you well.

You have to be able to get into IE to export the bookmarks to a file, and since you can't get into IE, I don't think there is anything you can do. If you uninstall and reinstall IE, you will lose all your bookmarks.

As I noted I couldn't boot up without doing the repair, however with help from another forum I found out if I installed firefox I could import my favs and then uninstall ie7 and reinstall. I'm back in business and appreciate the input.

Thanks again:D

in ie7 go under tools, internet options, advanced. click on "reset" near the bottom. This will completely reset ie to it's default settings as if it was just installed for the first time. if that doesn't fix your problem, then maybe reinstall ie7, but as noted above, back up your favorites first if you want to keep them. ie has received a bad rap in the past, but ie7 is awsome...i prefer it to firefox and safari.

Back
Top Bottom