IE Problem

Parkins8

Baseband Member
My parents IE always opens up to a weird search page. When i change the homepage to Yahoo or something, it just goes back to the search page, I have ran Norton and ran it in safe mode, and ran ad-aware and spybot, and still it does the same thing, anyone have any ideas? I know that there were 3 viruses on it, java.startpage, trojan.startpage and trojan.byteverify. I deleted these upon finding them with Norton and IE still does the same thing...any ideas...thanks....

using spybot-search and destroy go to tools/browser pages, then change any pages in the list you don't need to pages you want to open.

Parkins8 said:
My parents IE always opens up to a weird search page. When i change the homepage to Yahoo or something, it just goes back to the search page, I have ran Norton and ran it in safe mode, and ran ad-aware and spybot, and still it does the same thing, anyone have any ideas? I know that there were 3 viruses on it, java.startpage, trojan.startpage and trojan.byteverify. I deleted these upon finding them with Norton and IE still does the same thing...any ideas...thanks....
This shouldn't be so complicated.Go to Control Panel/Internet options,
General,Home page and select blank.Then use desktop or favorites to start where you damn well feel like.
This shouldn't happen.
:confused:

and if that doesnt work it doesnt detect the browser hijacker u need a hijack remover u can get from majorgeeks or downloads.com

Back
Top Bottom