is IE....

Here you go FireFox fans - eat your hearts out:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Firefox_Mac_Not_Immune_to_Flaws_Viruses/1127167953

http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2005/03/firefox-spyware-infects-ie.html

http://www.securitypipeline.com/sho...SNDBECKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleId=164301486&pgno=1

Now before you totally and utterly ignored this man's question (and hijacked the thread in the process for none other than a browser war), did you stop to consider that maybe he just wanted to get his Internet Explorer to work? I've seen too much of this. For example:

- "My browser is slow. What should I do?"
- "Get FireFox! It's super fast and secure!"

- "How should I stop popups?"
- "Oh my God! You still have Internet Explorer?!"

- "My wall paint is chipping! Help!"
- "Well, if you got FireFox, your life would be perfect!"

All you FireFox pushers can eat some poopoo. And by the way, there are lots more articles where that came from - mostly concerning the terrible bugs and bad security.

Yeah, I said it. BAD SECURITY. Just because you disable ActiveX doesn't make it good. First of all, what if I WANT ActiveX? Hell, I can make a browser that doesn't connect to the internet. You wouldn't be able to view webpages, but you definitely won't get spyware and pop-ups. The point? Sacrificing functionality is not the way to fix a problem.

Aside from the disabled ActiveX and super-mega-block-every-single-window pop-up blocker, FireFox is actually LESS safe. Consider this combined with the fact that most people who are using FireFox have been practically guaranteed that FireFox is 100% secure (like how you guys recommend it to fix everything). That spells bad news.

I hate to cut it short, but I could go on and on, and I think you guys get the point.

EDIT>> We as the bearers of knowledge in this forum need to have the ethics to do research on this sort of thing. Go ahead, do some Googling. I'm just saying that blatantly recommending some software without knowing its weaknesses is unethical.

I'm happily using Firefox, I tried regular Mozilla but it was so clumsy, and always needed new plugins to do anything at all.

Firefox can be tweaked to run way faster than IE, but I do agree that it isn't nearly as compatible with most things like IE is.

Some sites, you get a blank page, and on the same site in IE you get some fantastic, new era of web design. I can't argue with you there, IE is better from that point of view.

And I do get popups in Firefox, even with my Norton firewall's popup blocker running. It's not perfect, but no piece of software is.

I'd say just use what you like, and what you feel comfortable with.

AFter i went to bed last night i ran a few program but the one that caught my eye was the Ad-aware SE personal, becuase after using firefox i usually have no tracking cookies on my computer. but every so often id get one or two, but because i used IE yesterday, i got like 29 tracking cookies. odd huh? oh well as long as i get rid of the right?

It's not odd. FireFox uses tracking cookies, too. It just deletes them afterwards. Cookies are necessary for many things online like keeping track of whether you're logged in or not.

well ya but i do the scan after im logged out of my interet, because we need to log in to use our highspeed. anyway, i just take it that IE dosnet delete the cookies?

It's not junk. I mean, they don't affect computer performance. Of course, if you have a malicious cookie, it might, but that's what spyware removal tools are for.

Hehe.... malicious cookie.

Back
Top Bottom