Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Beta Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Cool Identify Hardware - Images Included

Hey guys! I made this account just for this question I have. This forum looks like it's full of computer know-it-alls.

I just need to know what the name of this piece of hardware is called, so I can order a new one. It keeps the keyboard strip(?) in place. It's a little black piece of plastic. Without it, I can't use my keyboard. I tried googling just about every name i could think of, but no luck.
Can you guys please help me identify it?
I attached images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (100.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (101.9 KB, 13 views)

mostdopeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Solid State Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Daytona
Posts: 17
Default Re: Identify Hardware - Images Included

Go to google images and drag and drop the image into the search bar tell me what comes up

Watahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Wizard of Wires
setishock's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Identify Hardware - Images Included

Watahh this guy is long gone. If you read the first line in his post he said he signed up just to ask this one question. He obviously pried it out from the center instead of pushing the latch pins in and up. However having said that...
It's called the keyboard ribbon cable retainer clip. It presses in along side the ribbon cable in the socket and 2 pins latch along either side. A sure bet is it's going to be a dealer item. And a bear to get ahold of.
If need be the cable can be plugged in and a bead of latex bathtub caulk can be run where the cable comes out of the plug. Let dry 24 hours and put it back together. It's getto but it works.

The way ones I have owned do it is like the ribbon plug in pic 2 in the upper right corner. The ribbon terminates in to a plug and that plugs in to a ZIF socket. It's a lot simpler to get them apart.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote

hardware, keyboard, simple, toshiba

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0