idea for a mobile server

jasonmanley87

Solid State Member
So I want to start my own small local (for people in my area only really) social networking server/website. Basically small in bandwidth and without all the insane flash and other annoying features.

I also want to get the Viliv N5, which has a 3G modem built in (would be kind of awkward carrying around a netbook with a usb modem sticking out of it at all times), and is small enough to be useful while still large enough to touch type. I want a keyboard use only mostly command line linux system. I do not like the mousepads of other "netbooks", many of which have grown so large that to me they're just notebooks.

Anyway, how well is the Viliv N5 supported in linux? I know there are some issues with the gma500 graphics chipset, how is development on drivers coming along? Also I'm not quite sure how to integrate an outside driver when I'm building a linux kernel.

I would also be looking at 3g broadband plans. Do any of them give you a non private network and static IP (in other words, none of those 10.*.*.* type IPs) for your own use?

Back
Top Bottom