ic Blues

EcLiPsE

In Runtime
I am having mic issues always have with this pc dont know why. I have all my outbounds turned up and the boost is on and when i test the mic it says its working properly but i can only hear it if i literally put my mouth on the mic and then its not very loud. It isnt the mic cause i have tried 3 and the same thing happens with all of them. I have what came with the pc realtek HD software I dont know much about sound stuff and I need help guys :)

Re: Mic Blues

is it really quiet when on msn and stuff or are you testing in the audio properties by unticking the mic?

In the Realtek HD Audio Manager, click the input tab along the top. ON the bottom section (input section) make sure the "Stero Mixer" has a red x through it (that was causing me problems) and the dial on the left is turned all the way to the right.

Also make sure that if your mic has a slider master mute on it (that attaches to the cable) that it is not somewhere between on and off.

I dont see stereo mixer on the input/output tab anywhere... And it does work now but it sounds like there is a huge fan next to me or something. is it conductiong from inside my pc?

Sorry, my mistake. I ment the mixer tab. By the sound fan noise, you mean like a "WOOSH-WOOSH" type noise? Thats what i was getting through my mic untill I turned the Stero Mixer off.

yes that sound and i still dont see a stereo mixer. Do you know where to get new drivers for it or if there are any?

possibly Realtek.com, but I don't know. I just get mine from EVGA's webiste since it is built into my motherboard. Checkout your motherboard Manufacturer's website for the drivers, they should have it.

Back
Top Bottom