An IBM Thinkpad in 2015!

I never said they had a hand in making them. All I said was that they were still involved in the transition which to be exact meant sales marketing etc.

They were a minority share holder in the company back then in the deal.

IBM allowed the use of their logo; common sense would dictate it would still be up to IBM standards. And it's one thing to just farm out the manufacturer of an IBM design -- it's quite another for Lenovo to design something themselves.

Further I realize a 2007 laptop would be obsolete but it would be upgradable and have an attractive case and be had for a 1/5 to 1/6 the cost of new Lenovo.

I do not want a Lenovo laptop; how much clearer can I make that. I am not paying $1000 for a pc computer with adware on it. you can get the same computer from half a dozen other manufacturers. The cases are not the same. There are too many logos on it, and they are tacky and too big. New ones are also too expensive. You add adware/ spyware and it's a deal breaker. Why not just buy a mac at that point or get a 2007 for $200 bucks and upgrade it?

You've heard the advice given on an IT forum from an IT professional, it's up to you whether you take it into account or not :thumb:

A 2007 ThinkPad T60 has a removable CPU I believe (so could potentially be upgraded), I suspect the latest chip for it would be an early Core 2 Duo of some description (it'd be nice if somebody else could confirm that as I'm not too sure), but if you can, pick up one of the Core 2 Duo models anyway, I'd suspect it'll be cheaper than upgrading it! Preferably 2GHz or greater if you want the higher spec.

The T60 was the last of the IBM branded machines I believe, and should come with a hard drive using a SATA interface so it wouldn't be a problem picking up a new hard drive for it (or possibly an SSD)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom