Intel Core i7-920
Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2
6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident
Seagate SATA 1TB
Samsung SATA DVDRW
Corsair Power Supply TX750W
Thermaltake Armor+ MX

is this a good build?
and can someone recommend a good graphics card to get ty =)

That is a good build. i would recomend somethin top of the line to go along with that beauty :)

Somethin like a GTX295 or a ATI 5870 :D

ASUS P6T
Intel Core i7-920
Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2
6GB Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident
Seagate SATA 1TB
Samsung SATA DVDRW
Corsair Power Supply TX750W
Thermaltake Armor+ MX

is this a good build?
and can someone recommend a good graphics card to get ty =)

Looks good to me. I agree with killa, I highly recommend an HD 5870 to top off that build, its cheaper than the GTX 295 and competes very closely with it (which is good considering the GTX 295 is a dual-GPU card), or if you'd prefer, when the GTX 3xx series comes out, it will most likely beat the HD 5870, most likely at higher prices, if current trends continue. Might not be for awhile though.

At the very least, buy an HD 5870, then sell it and buy a GTX 3xx when they come out if you want to switch to NVidia.

yeh im want to wait for the gtx300 series to come out but then i want to get this computer within 1month or 2 so it maybe wont be out then

yeh im want to wait for the gtx300 series to come out but then i want to get this computer within 1month or 2 so it maybe wont be out then

Well, the HD 5870 is the best single-GPU card on the market right now, the GTX 295 would be the best NVidia card available, and is the best overall card on the market.

You can always upgrade to the GTX 3xx series when they come out and sell your old card on eBay or to a reseller. I'd be more than happy to buy whatever card you buy off your hands (at current used-market value) when you upgrade and use it in one of my builds. :)

would the HD5850 be worth it for AU$350

That's about... $315 USD?

That's a bit more expensive than it is here, but not by much. Costs ~$260 USD from NewEgg, but for Australia I would expect it to be about that much more expensive.

I'd definitely say its worth it, it blows everything else off the charts atm.

The HD 5850 runs at approximately 80% the performance of the HD 5870, which is still higher than every other single-GPU card on the market.

which brand would be the best to get?
and its actually AU$400

I bought my HD 5870 from HIS. I wanted to get it from ASUS because its a brand I have more experience with, but it was sold out for days in a row so I got impatient and grabbed 1 up from HIS.

It's been running great so far, haven't had any problems so I can't comment on HIS in terms of customer support, though.

ASUS, Gigabyte, XFX, SAPPHIRE, are brands I have good experiences with for videocards.

edit: And now HIS I suppose, nothing bad to comment about them yet.

i got mine from sapphire, partly becasue i know they make great cards and it came with battlestations pacific and dirt 2.

i would get the 5870 because its smaller, cheaper, has fantastic performance tahts behind the 295 by just a little. you could spend the amount you'd spend on the 295 on two 5870, which would kick its ass.
i dont think its worth waitin for the gt300's, one because they arent going to be released for a while (at least i think so) because at one of there latest conferences or w.e they were going to show a gt300 board and instead they faked it because they didnt have anything to show. also they'll probably be really expensive when they do come out.

Back
Top Bottom