I would like to replace the SSD on a HP Stream laptop

CNH

Beta member
I have an HP Stream laptop. It is limited in its functionality, but on the whole it is lovely machine. The snag is the size of the HDD (a SSD), which is about 26Gb, almost all of which is taken up by Windows 10.

Would it be possible to buy a bigger HD, use my desktop to copy the contents of the small disk onto the larger disk, and put the larger disk back into the machine? Or is that too simplistic?

Thank in advance.

Which model of the Stream do you have?

I believe the SSD in the HP Stream is embedded (soldered to the mobo) so can't be upgraded or replaced.

You can add additional storage space by using a microSD card. I believe the Stream can handle at least a 32GB card, not sure if it can handle a larger card.

Which model of the Stream do you have?

I believe the SSD in the HP Stream is embedded (soldered to the mobo) so can't be upgraded or replaced.

You can add additional storage space by using a microSD card. I believe the Stream can handle at least a 32GB card, not sure if it can handle a larger card.

I think it's the Stream 11.

I use a micro sd card - 128Gb. It's just that even with all the document folders empty on the c drive it's still struggling.

But thanks for the info. I guess it's one of the penalties for 'cheap and cheerful'.

Back
Top Bottom