I want to start a computer business.

b.v.b

In Runtime
I want to start a computer business in my neightbor hood. Just so I can fix peoples computers. I'm 12, and have an internship taking apart computers fixxing them and putting them back to gether. But, my question is... Do you need a permit to fix computers as a business?:confused: :confused:

a license? i dont think so....but an A+ certification would help. It proves that you understand and can repair a computer

If you're doing local stuff then I doubt you'll have a real problem, but us kids might not be taken seriously with such "complicated" machinery. Get a certification or some kind of credentials to really look good.

I've fixed a few computers for family/mates of family, and built a few in my time, and have thought about setting up a business too, but yeah, its not easy I don't think.

I've fixed a few computers for family/mates of family, and built a few in my time, and have thought about setting up a business too, but yeah, its not easy I don't think.

Well, I already have some really nice fliers that I made with
"Corel New Project" I have been making some prices. I want a truthful answer... Do you think that a ten dollar instalation fee is cheap enough? Because I have to make some money right???

If you're doing local stuff then I doubt you'll have a real problem, but us kids might not be taken seriously with such "complicated" machinery. Get a certification or some kind of credentials to really look good.

What do you mean us kids??? How old are you???:confused:

I want a truthful answer... Do you think that a ten dollar instalation fee is cheap enough? Because I have to make some money right???

that is really cheap. But that's the way it should be, no one (and I really mean no one) will come to you if your prices are even close to the prices that other companies charge.

So yeah, I guess $10 sounds fine.

edit: ohh and mammoth is 15.

that is really cheap. But that's the way it should be, no one (and I really mean no one) will come to you if your prices are even close to the prices that other companies charge.

So yeah, I guess $10 sounds fine.

edit: ohh and mammoth is 15.

lmao thats so true, since best buy charges like 100 to install ram :p

My local PC shop charges $30 or so to install a CD ROM drive... It's not really that complicated for them that they much charge $30 is it? Maybe the customer doesn't want to touch anything inside, that's understandable, but don't overcharge them...

I do stuff from home and generally charge $15 for a basic Windows reinstall. For hardware installs that don't need drivers, it's easy to do so I don't charge anything if they have something to put in a computer I am selling them.

Back
Top Bottom