I want to get AIM Triton off my computer ASAP...but cant for some reason?

Day5InJanuary

Baseband Member
i am trying to un install AIM triton....got it a couple days ago and as soon as i got it my computer has been acting wierd...very slow to say the least...anyways...when i go to uninstall or change programs it is not in there it only has my regular AIM (which i should have kept)and will usa as soon as i get rid of this triton BS...how can i get this out of my computer i hate it.... :mad:

Yesterday, I uninstalled the new AIM as well... it had a really nice GI, but it was lagging my computer (running at 3.2 ghz), which shouldnt have been happening. Now, i'm back to Trillian, and couldn't be happier. You will be relieved to know once you get it uninstalled, your computer wont lag for five whole seconds while SWITCHING TABS IN MOZILLA!!! At least mine did.

Regarding your installation problems, make sure you check all of the AOL directories... AIM is being sued for discouraging users uninstalling their software and applications by making it hard... make sure you close all AIM programs in your taskbar, and then go to add/remove programs. I think thats what I did for mine, not quite sure.

i just installed aim triton as well. i left aim on my machine, but went in and deleted all the other stuff aol thought i needed (or wanted), but i didn't.....proxio, toolbars, etc. aim dosn't seem to be affecting my computer's performance at all.

I installed it and it proceeded to lie to me and deny me of service by telling me my username and password was wrong, so I made a new account and got the password confirmation and it still wouldn't let me, I checked EVERYTHING. I tried for days. I eventually went back to the old AIM and so far I am not goint to remove Triton in fear of removing AIM as well. I know it's an easy download but I'm lazy!

Yep, Triton is garbage! Went back to the old AIM (5.9.xxxx) and it is a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom