I want to extract audio from a YouTube clip!

tomirlik

In Runtime
How can I take a vid off of youtube and get the audio? Specifically, I am looking for the "Let's Fighting Love" song from that South Park ninja episode, as I can't find it anywhere at all.

Here, do this, go http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

There download the stable version. When you turn it on, next to the mic should be a drop down menu where u choose between sterio mix and microphone. Choose Stereo mix. Then play the video while recording. Audacity will record the song.

Then you can save it and export it as mp3.

If you don't want to download anything, use Sound Recorder. Just play the clip and hit the record button at the same time.

In XP:
Start > Program Files > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder

Sound recorder sucks. It has like no options.

With audacity you can fully edit the music, add effects, add tracks... it is awesome. And free.

Audacity is great, I use it all the time, but I'm assuming he wants something simple just to get the job done.

I used another method. While playing the clip, I had a game enabled when I recorded with Fraps. After, I just extracted the audio with another program. Thanks anyway.

1 more thing though. How can I stream/play music from my computer so that others on a ventrilo or xfire server can hear it too (anything besides putting mic to speakers please, if possible).

BTW, Sound Recorder and Audacity aren't working for recording from the internet. Sound Recorder works with a microphone.

Audacity is. If your sound card supports it, there is a sterio mix feature which records whatever noises your computer is making.

Sound Recorder isn't exactly simple, for when you save, you end up with a massive Wav file taking up tonnes of space, and thne have to convert it.

Its much easier to download Audacity!

Anyone know how to save the whole You Tube video? not just the sound.. theres gota be a way to download it, right?

Back
Top Bottom