I want a computer that will stay fast

tim040888

Beta member
Hello,

I am looking to buy a new desktop PC. The one I had in mind was the HP Envy 700-230ea Desktop PC - the website for it is: HP Envy 700-230ea Desktop PC Deals | Pcworld

I am looking for a PC that can handle multiple programmes (e.g. SPSS, adobe illustrator, photoshop, MATLAB) all at the same time without slowing down hardly at all, and, something that will still be very fast (including such things as web-page loading) for at least 4 years.

I am prepared to pay around £800-£1000 to obtain this.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether this computer is good for this, or maybe if I have even gone overboard just a bit?

Also, I was looking to play the latest games every now-and-again. Is the graphics card on this PC good enough for this?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Tim

I would like to know before we continue if building a PC is out of the question for you. I'd like to ask that because you could save a lot of money by building it yourself and it would be a lot better quality.

There's a lot of great video guides online, like on Youtube. I know how to build a PC, but I still watch them all the time. So let me link some of my favorites.

Guide 1

Guide 2

Those are my favorite guides on Youtube, I found them very well made. Have a nice day! :)

I think instead of showing OP videos it would be better to put together a parts list or recommend something. The HP you listed would be suitable for your needs and has the appropriate requirements for the tasks you are wanting to perform.

Thanks for the replies. I had a look at a PC building website. The computer I made actually ended up costing more - primarily because I kept adding better and better stuff.

I know I spent more to build my computer versus buying one at a store or buying one built online. I am glad I did spend more though because now I know I have exactly what I need and want. I have built two so far for myself one for my office and one for my living room for Netflix and other video. I guess I have spent roughly close to $1000.00 for both desktops and would gladly do it again. What you are looking at though should work for you.

Back
Top Bottom