I think something is up

reptromiki

Solid State Member
Alright, when I first bought my computer ( Sony VAIO PCV-RX850 ) it came with 512 megabytes of ram. Well, the computer used 32 megs of that for the video card, so I had 480. Well, than I upgraded to 1 gig and changed my video card to a ATI Radeon 7500. Well, since than, I've bought a Geforce 6800 Ultra to play the newer games. I have a 270 watt/volt ( dont know, different people telling me different things ) power supply. The video card reccomends 480. ANyways, I don't feel that my computer is performing the best it should. I have the latest anti-virus ( Mcafee ) with the latest updates. I have no spyware/adware/malware, etc.. because I have reformatted my computer several times. I have a 2.4 ghz processor. I am not sure what kind of RAM I have/bought, so if anyone could tell me how to check I think it could help.

I have compared my friends computer (Custom Built) who also has 1 gig of ram. His comp runs better than mine while he is at 2.0 GHz processor and a 128 meg Nvidia Geforce 4200 TI Than my other friends computer who has a 2.4 ghz processor and I believe a Nvidia 5200 or something like that with 1 gig of ram. There computers run much more stabler...They load in quicker...and can run games easier. (Example, we play a game called Dark Age of Camelot and sometimes we run two clients of it to log on another account. Anyways, I run it with little lag, chopiness, etc... and it takes longer to load the 2nd client. For my two friends they do it easy.) So. Any idea on what can cause this? For people who don't know my computer was built in a foreign country with foreign parts so I got screwed over and am limited to things I can buy.

Power supplies are rated in watts and yours is substandard for the other peripherals. Try going to a 400 watt or larger psu.

Back
Top Bottom