I think I fyed it

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
ok so i was building my computer from scratch, using a Abit Nf7-M mobo and setting up the bios and all i had left to do was put in the dvd drive to install windows. And thats when i think i fryed it. I plugged the IDE cable into slot 2 and into the back of the drive. Plugged it into the master plug, and that didn't get detected. So i tried putting the other cord (the 4 holed plug inbetween the slave and the master into the pins (which i now know are the plugs for LED's and stuff like that) now i cant boot it up, so im guessing its fryed?

???

Did you do that with the power on? And am I correct in assuming the 4 pin plug you refer to is a white molex style plug off the main power supply?

yes you are right, and i did do it with the power on, i still have a red LED on the board
but i used to get a green when it was on, now it doesn't even boot up

Try this. Remove the onboard battery and unplug ALL plugs to the motherboard for about 10 minutes. If there is a CMOS jumper you can do it that way.
Hopefully you didn't fry it but I can't imagine anyone doing things with the power on.

ok,the battery is out, im gonna let it sit now, thanks mods for all the help, i suppose if this dosen't work it is certainly fried?

Yepers, You definately shorted something.
You might try to restart the thing without any of the drives installed at all just to see if there is a feed back loop that is causing you the problem. If not then I would look to see what you got to do to get it returned and replaced.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom