I think I DESTROYED my external hard drive

Odds are good it's not a total loss. Open it up and put the drive in your system as a slave and format the drive. Put it back in the enclosure and fire it up. If you still can't get to it then it's gone.

OK thanx for the help..How do i go about opening the drive up since it looks like its pretty sealed shut and i dont wanna break the case

Look for small screws in the back of the box.

As for shaking the drive up, did you guys know they send of the shelf hard drives in to space? His shaking the drive in his hands is nothing compared to lift off and re-entry G's.

Ive read somewhere(ill try to remember where to prove my statement) That peopel drilled holes through a hdd and was able to get info off of it. Then buried and it still worked. Also, Ive personally dropped drive off a workstation, onto a concrete floor and it still worked.
Point being - you can probably still get the info off of it.

Ive read somewhere(ill try to remember where to prove my statement) That peopel drilled holes through a hdd and was able to get info off of it. Then buried and it still worked. Also, Ive personally dropped drive off a workstation, onto a concrete floor and it still worked.
Point being - you can probably still get the info off of it.

yeah, but did these things happen to the hard drive while it was running...?

Look for small screws in the back of the box.

As for shaking the drive up, did you guys know they send of the shelf hard drives in to space? His shaking the drive in his hands is nothing compared to lift off and re-entry G's.

I got the drive open and now i jus place it into a windows pc and fire it up format it and take it back out and put it in the enclosure and it should work
If you dint mind helping me out wit a lil tutorial or some guidance thanx for the help

Back
Top Bottom